1. Write whatever you want. Then take out the first and last paragraph.
2. Read a lot. You can’t write without reading first.
3. Be honest. Tell people the stuff they all think, but nobody ever says.
4. Steal. (Piggyback off popular topics)
5. Be funny. First rule of funny: ugly people are funny. Make yourself as ugly as possible.
6. Deliver value with every sentence. Even in a tweet. Else, be quiet.
7. Use “said” instead of any other word. Don’t use “he suggested” or “he bellowed”.
8. Take a huge bowel movement every day. If you body doesn’t flow then your brain won’t flow.
9. Read before you write. Very high-level work to get in the zone and lift your game up.
10. Don’t hurt anyone. Don’t be a bad guy.
11. Make people cry. Make them feel the potent moments.
12. Use a lot of periods. Forget commas and semicolons.
13. Take what everyone thinks and explore the opposite.
14. Paint. Or draw. Keep exercising other creative muscles.
15. Bleed in the first line. Make it human.
16. Coffee. No coffee, no creativity.
17. Sleep eight hours a day.
18. Relate to people.
19. Have lots of ideas.
20. Write everyday. Writing is spiritual practice. You are diving inside yourself and cleaning out the toxins.
21. Let it sleep. Whaever you are working on, sleep on it.
22. Don’t ask for permission. Never say “in my opinion.” We know it’s your opinion. You’re writing it.
23. Write A LOT. Practice makes… a little better than you were before.
24. Break the laws of physics. There’s no time in text. Nothing has to go in order.
25. Have a shocking title.
26. Be opinionated. Nobody cares about all the things you don’t have strong opinions on.
27. Take out every other sentence. Or something like that.
28. Time heals all wounds. Write about the hard stuff from the past.
29. Risk. Don’t stop writing until you’re afraid to hit publish.
30. Don’t write if you’re upset at someone. Then the person you are upset at becomes your audience.
31. Write with the same voice you talk in.
32. The last line needs to go BOOM!
33. Don’t be afraid of what people think. For each person you worry about, deduct 1% in quality.
If you like what I am doing and want to support me, you can donate to me on my Patreon!