The only 12 1/2 Writing Rules You’ll Ever Need
1. If you write every day, you get better at writing every day.
2. If it’s boring to you, it’s boring to your reader.
3. Get a writing routine, and stick with it.
4. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme. Poetry does not NOT have to rhyme.
5. Resist stereotypes, in real life and in your writing.
6. Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read all the time.
7. Make lists of your favorite words and books and places and things.
8. There doesn’t have to be a moral to the story.
9. Always bring your notebook. Always bring a spare pen.
10. Go for walks. Dancee. Pull weeds. Do the dishes. Write about it.
11. Don’t settle on just one style. Try something new!
12. Learn to tell both sides of the story.
12 1/2. Stop reading this and go write something!
If you like what I am doing and want to support me, you can donate to me on my Patreon!