1. Wondering how to find an agent or publisher before completing the project.
2. Waiting for inspiration to hit.
3. Trying to write something “different.”
4. Using weak nouns and verbs, and passive voice.
5. Deciding not to read in your genre because you don’t want to inadvertently plagarize.
6. Not outlining.
7. Not setting aside specific times to write.
8. Not knowing what you want to communicate.
9. Never reading a book or taking a class on the craft of fiction (or screenplay) writing.
10. Having an idea for an interesting situation, but not an interesting character.
If you like what I am doing and want to support me, you can donate to me on my Patreon!